React AJAX Requests
- It is the use of the XML HTTP Request object to communicate with servers.
- Information can be sent and received in various formats including JSON, XML, HTML, and text files.
- Its asynchronicity allows it to communicate with the server, exchange data, and update the page without having to refresh the page.
- It can receive and work with data from the server.
- Stands for Application Program Interface
- It specifies how software components should interact, using a set of routine protocols and tools used for building software.
By hitting the Star Wars API (SWAPI), we were able to create a list of Star Wars characters and display them to the DOM. It looks super simple but there was quite a bit of code in the background.